It doesn’t take much for someone to pop up a website and claim to be a marketing agency. There are no certifications, no government regulations, no degree needed, and definitely not a license required.
Be aware of the people who give our industry a bad name by impersonating the professionals that really care about the work they produce and the customer service they provide for their clients.
So how can you tell the difference between a credible agency and an impersonator???
- Scrub through their website and look at their featured work. Also pay attention to the content that is written. Ask yourself if the work displayed has the professionalism that you are looking for. If yes, move to step #2.
- Pick up the phone and call them. Ask them questions like, How long have you been in business? How big is your team? What capabilities do you manage under your roof, vs. what capabilities do you outsource? Who are some of your largest clients? What types of industries do you specialize in? What type of creative do you do best? Do you charge a flat rate per project or by the hour? If by the hour, what is your hourly rate? If your conversation goes well, move to step #3.
- Request a 15 to 30-minute free consultation with the creative director to discuss your project, (in person or over the phone). Move to step #4.
- Be prepared to share with the creative director all of your current sales collateral or vision boards that you have created for your project or campaign. The more information you have, the easier it will be to get the creative team to visually interpret what you are looking to accomplish. After you review your work with the creative director, ask for a proposal that outlines the scope of work you are requesting to be completed.
- Review the proposal in detail to ensure it outlines everything that was discussed in your meeting. Make sure there are no hidden fees, and there are specified deliverables for the budget you agree to invest.
However, if you want to avoid interviewing multiple agencies and going through all of these steps, you can choose a company that has an earned reputation for connecting brands with consumers through innovative ideas, cutting edge technology, and evocative designs.
At Creative Chemist, we create timeless brands! We have made hundreds of clients happy, and have worked on thousands of projects. We are ready to work with you!
For more information and to ask about our new client discount, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
View our work at www.thecreativechemist.com